15 Foods You Should Never Feed Your Cat If You Want It To Stay Healthy
Did you know that cats cannot taste sweet? Yes, cats are incapable of processing or tasting sugar. Just like that, there are many food items that cats cannot process or digest. This can cause complications and lead to very serious health situations for your cat.
We often let our pets have a bite of what we’re eating but this is a wrong move as we are unsure of what they can eat or process. Many of the foods humans eat are dangerous for cats and can harm them once digested.
Raw eggs have a certain id of bacteria in them that can be harmful to cats. The protein inside raw eggs is also something that a cat’s digestive system cannot process. You can feed cooked eggs to your cat but mix it through with their food. Then it should be okay.
2Yeast and dough
Cats are known to be curious but make sure they never take a bite out of raw dough with yeast in it. This can cause severe issues. The dough can continue to rise after being ingested, causing blockage in the intestines. After fermenting, sugars and alcohol are created which can be poisonous for cats.
3Tomatoes are bad
Unripe tomatoes contain a substance called tomatine which is very toxic for cats. They cannot digest it and it acts as a poison for them. Some effects of consuming this might be vomiting, loss of appetite and dilated pupils. Tomatoes are common in every household. If you have a cat make sure they can never access your veggies.
4Nuts are harmful
Nuts are quite hard for cats to digest. While some amount of nuts is good for them, consuming too much can be a problem. Nuts are very high in fats and this can lead to stomach problems causing vomiting. Nuts also make cats gain weight very easily. Make sure your cat doesn’t eat too many nuts.
5Grapes and raisins
Grapes and raisins are loved by humans but cats cannot have them. Consuming them can cause serious problems and may even lead to kidney failure. This can also cause death. The reason for this intolerance is unknown. Just know that grapes and raisins are very toxic for cats and can be fatal.