10 Simple Yoga Asanas That Are Especially Good for Women’s Health
The butterfly is one of the many simple yoga asanas which helps in relieving tension from the belly and the inside of the hips. With this asana, you can increase mobility in your joints and it also has a stabilizing effect on the menstrual cycle.
- Sit straight with your feet together.
- Spread your knees out to the sides and lower them close to the floor as much as you can.
- If you require help in controlling your posture, lean on the wall with your shoulder blades.
- Stretch upwards, but, make sure that your lower back does not touch the wall.
Duration: 1-3 Minutes.
Simple yoga asanas such as the hero pose involves stretching the hip muscles and the muscles between your legs. This helps in relieving period pain while improving the mobility in your hip joints.
- Sit down on your knees and start slowly releasing your legs while lowering your buttocks between your heels. Your feet should be on the sides of your hips.
- Press your palms together in a prayer position in front of your body.
- Stretch your neck and back while opening your chest and breathing deeply.
Duration: 1 minute.
The dancer’s pose is a very effective yoga asana which helps in improving metabolism, posture, and kidney function. At first, it might prove a little challenging, but practicing it consistently will improve your balance and soon make it seem much simpler.
- Start from a standing positions. First lift your right leg behind you keeping it bent at the knee and grabbing your ankle with your left hand.
- Pull your ankle back and upwards and hold it for some time.
- Drop your leg and move it forward and repeat the same with your left leg.
Duration: 30-40 seconds for each leg.
7Candlestick at the wall
The candlestick at the wall is an incredibly effective yoga asana which has multiple health benefits such as- increasing lymphatic fluid circulation, getting rid of bad moods and tiredness, relaxing the shoulders and belly, stimulating the abdominal organs, opening the chest, and decreasing leg swelling.
- Lie on your back and raise your legs.
- Put your legs against the wall and straighten them. You can even spread them at shoulder width.
- Spread your hands to the sides and relax. Stretch your legs and breathe n slowly to expand your rib cage and melt your shoulder blades into the ground.
- Hold this position while breathing taking slow and deep breaths.
Duration: 3-5 Minutes.