10 Simple Yoga Asanas That Are Especially Good for Women’s Health
The basis of female health depends on the state of the back and the blood circulation in the pelvis. As such, all kinds of different problems can be caused due to poor blood and lymph circulation. These include- hemorrhoids, intestinal problems, belly pain, lower-back pain, sexual disorders, and gynecological diseases.
But, besides medications and medical treatment there are alternative ways to deal with these kinds of health issues. One beneficial solution is yoga because it consists of exercises that can positively impact the female body functions.
These exercises are basically simple yoga asanas which facilitate recovery in your body to help you feel great. The best time to perform these asanas is in the middle of the day. However, you can do them anytime as per your convenience.
This yoga asana called the twist is not only easy to perform but has many positive effects on various functions in the body. It is great for relaxing your back, decreasing the waist size and improving digestion.
- Sit down on the ground or yoga mat with your back straight and legs crossed with your knees on top of the feet.
- Put your left arm behind you and your right arm on your left knee.
- Stretch upward while breathing in and do a twist.
- Hold it for 20 seconds and repeat it on the other side.
Duration: 2 Minutes
2Downward facing dog
The downward facing dog is perhaps one of the most common simple yoga asanas. It stretches out the back and hips, and stops neck spasms. It stimulates the regeneration of brain cells, decreases the signs of cellulite and brings color back to the face.
- Sit on your heels with your knees spread to the sides.
- Extend your hand forwards as much as you can, stretching it well.
- Raise your pelvis and straighten your arms and legs.
- Shift your bodyweight onto your legs while putting your heels on the floor.
- Don’t bend or round your legs and back, but keep them straight.
Duration: 2 times, 30 seconds each.
Simple yoga asanas such as the shoulder bridge can effectively prevent painful periods, improve digestion, and eliminate back pain. It even helps in decreasing the amount of fat around your waist and strengthening the abs.
- Lie down on your back and keep your knees bent with your feet placed shoulder-width apart.
- Place your arms along your body and lift your pelvis while bending your back.
- Do it without lifting your shoulders, neck, or head off the floor.
Duration: 1 minute.